TARSUS SCRIPTURE SCHOOL
Welcome to Tarsus Scripture School, founded in 2020 by Jessie Rogers, Sean Goan and Kieran J. O'Mahony OSA.
At Tarsus we understand the role of the Bible in our life of faith from within the tradition of Catholic Biblical scholarship promoted at the Second Vatican Council. We study the Bible as the Word of God in human words and so seek to pay attention to the contexts in which the books were written and to discern how those contexts might speak to ours, bringing us to an authentic encounter with the living God “who has entrusted us with a treasure which makes us more human and helps us to lead a new life. There is nothing more precious we can give to others.” (Pope Francis - The Joy of the Gospel no.264)
Programmes for 2021
These programmes are currently being set up.
Further information and booking will be available shortly.
TSS for Lent and Easter 2021
Easter: Weaving the Tapestry of Death and New Life
9 pre-recorded lectures; 1 webinar; 1 meditation (€30)
- “Behold my servant”: the Servant of the Lord in Isaiah (Jessie Rogers)
- “And when I am lifted up, I will draw all people to myself”: Easter in John (Sean Goan)
- “Dying and raised to new life in Christ”: Salvation in Romans. (Kieran J. O'Mahony)
TSS for Pentecost 2021
Seeing visions and dreaming dreams (Joel 2:28): Pentecost now!
3 pre-recorded lectures on the readings for the feast. Free registration for all.
- Babel to Jerusalem and beyond: Acts 2:1-11 (Jessie Rogers)
- There is a variety of gifts but always the same Spirit: 1 Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13 (Kieran J. O'Mahony)
- Breathing new life: John 20:19-23 (Sean Goan)
TSS Summer School 2021
Believing and belonging: biblical perspectives on the community of faith.
15 pre-recorded lectures; 3 webinars. (€40)
- Biblical models of the people of God. (Jessie Rogers)
- Experience of church in Mark, John and 1 Peter. (Sean Goan)
- The Pauline assemblies: rows, reconciliation, renewal. (Kieran J. O'Mahony)